Silk is the strongest natural textile in the world. The silk material differs by its producer, the insects. It is the strongest fabric made through natural processes. Silk is also prized for other reasons. Silk is a luxury due to its high cost to produce, soft feel, and elegant appearance. Therefore, it is a popular textile in fashion design like pink silk fabric. If you want to make a great style, get pink silk fabric from the best sellers in your town. Be aware of that the seller know everything about silk and sell you the silk fabric you want.
5 Main Properties of Silk Fabric
Silk is a natural fiber produced by insects as a material for their nests and cocoons. There are several types of insects that produce silk Made primarily of a protein called fibroin. Silk is known for its shine and softness as a material. It is non-damaging to the environment. The production of silk does not have any negative environmental impact on nature.
- Silk is one of the most absorbent fabrics, therefore it handles moisture well in clothing items. It has more absorbency than cotton. It absorbs moisture more quickly than cotton but it gets dried fairly quickly too.
- Silk is considered to be more plastic than elastic fibre. The material’s flexibility makes it ideal for garments and upholstery. If the silk material is stretched excessively, the silk polymers will slide past each other and it behaves like a more plastic nature than elastic.
- This fabric is also one of the strongest natural fibers, though some of its strength diminishes upon getting wet. Silk is often blended with other fibers, such as cotton, for added sturdiness. The silk fibres has very good strength because of the presence of many hydrogen bonds to be formed in a more regular pattern. When it comes into contact of water, it gets weakened.
- The fabric shrinks in the wash so a silk clothing item should always be dry-cleaned or the material should be washed before the clothing item is constructed. This is very important.
- The silk is a poor conductor of electricity. It has a tendency to form static charge, when it is handled during different kinds of processes like weaving etc. So it does not conduct electricity well and because of that, it can experience a lot of static.
Various Uses of Silk Fabric
There are a lot of uses of silk fabric. Silk is primarily used in household items, but it is also used in unexpected ways, such as in bicycle tires and in medicine. Silk is great for summer clothing because of its absorbent nature and how it wicks moisture. Here are some of them listed for you:
- Raw silk is used for clothing such as shirts, suits, ties, blouses and etc.
- Silk used for making comforters and sleeping bags. Carpet, furnishing, curtains, draperies, cushion covers and sofa covers are made from silk too.
- Socks and Stockings are made from the knitted form of silk.
- As it was said, silk is a natural material. so, it has amazing uses in medicine. The material does not cause an autoimmune response and cannot be absorbed by the human body.
- The material is sometimes used in the tire’s casing because of its lightness, durability and flexibility.
- Because of its lightweight and soft attributes, silk is also a favorite material for lingerie and underwear for men.
High Quality Pink Silk Fabric Exportation
Silk fabric comes in lots of colors and qualities. As an example, pink silk fabric quality depend on thing such as the type of silkworm cocoon and how it is produced. The best-known silkworm is the cocoons of the larvae of the mulberry silkworm. It is the cheapest and the easiest silk to produce. On the contrary, spider silk is extremely expensive to produce, which makes it invalid for textile production.
hi .what is the differences between wholesale and retail one ? please send me whole sale advantages to me. thank you
Hi dear Ahmet!
If you use the form on the site, we can provide you with all the information you need. We wish you luck.
Your comment submitted.